Detroit Electric is a former American electric vehicle manufacturer that was active from 1907 to 1939. The company was known for producing high-quality electric cars, and its logo has been an important part of its identity throughout its history.
The original Detroit Electric Car logo was introduced in 1907 and was a simple design featuring the company name in capital letters with a stylized electric spark in the center. This logo was used for several years and became well-known among car enthusiasts and EV supporters
In the 1920s, Detroit Electric introduced a new logo that was more modern and sleek. The new design featured a stylized letter “D” in a circular shape, surrounded by a stylized electric spark. This logo emphasized the company’s focus on electric cars and was a recognizable symbol for the brand for several years.
In the late 1920s and early 1930s, Detroit Electric updated its logo once again, this time featuring a stylized letter “D” in a circular shape, surrounded by a stylized electric spark and a stylized car. This logo emphasized the company’s focus on both electric cars and mobility, and was a recognizable symbol for the brand for several years.
Unfortunately, the company ceased production in 1939 due to economic pressures, and its logo was not used again until its recent revival in the 2010s. Today, Detroit Electric continues to use a modernized version of its original logo, which is recognized as a symbol of electric vehicles and innovation in the automotive industry.